Pony Club at Dam Top
Dam Top Riding Centre is a registered Pony Club Centre, and so we hold regular rallies and badge nights.
Becoming a member is very simple, and you do not need to own your own pony to be able to join!
Dam Top hold regular rallies, which, as a member of The Pony Club, enables young riders to earn badges and work on their horsemanship skills. These rallies range from Around the Yard evenings, to badge nights to mounted sessions, and offer a wealth of training and experience to young riders who are keen to make as much as they can out of their love of riding!
Every Friday Around the Yard help with stable duties and learn about all aspects of pony care
Every other Thursday Badge Night achieve the coveted Pony Club badges by carrying out tasks such as identifying poisonous plants or being able to explain care of the foot.
Every other Sunday Mounted Rallies work towards the Pony Club efficiency and progressive tests during ridden sessions with Dam Top instructors
During holidays enjoy an own a pony day, half or full day rides, dressage competitions and trips out as part of the Dam Top Pony Club
10 Facts You Should Know About The Pony Club
- The Pony Club is an international voluntary youth organisation for those interested in ponies and riding. It’s the largest association of young riders in the world
- The Pony Club has over 570 Centres in the UK and close to 16,000 members
- The Pony Club encourages young people to ride and learn to enjoy all kinds of sport connected with horses and riding
- The Pony Club aims to providing instruction in riding and horsemastership and to instill in Members the proper care of their animals
- New Pony Club Membership is open to boys and girls under 21 years of age
- The Pony Club promotes the highest ideal of sportsmanship, citizenship, and loyalty, thereby cultivating strength of character and self discipline
- Centres run regular activities for their Members including rallies, fun days, camps and competitions
- You’ll meet lots of young people who share your love of ponies
- Members of the Pony Club are covered by Third Party Personal Liability Insurance
- Almost every famous rider, show jumper and eventer started to learn their skills with The Pony Club – they all had great fun too!
Click here to visit the Pony Club website to find out more about this organisation